Home > Riviste > The Quarterly Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging > Fascicoli precedenti > The Quarterly Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging 2014 September;58(3) > The Quarterly Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging 2014 September;58(3):310-8

ULTIMO FASCICOLO
 

ARTICLE TOOLS

Estratti

THE QUARTERLY JOURNAL OF NUCLEAR MEDICINE AND MOLECULAR IMAGING

Rivista di Medicina Nucleare e Imaging Molecolare


A Journal on Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging
Affiliated to the Society of Radiopharmaceutical Sciences and to the International Research Group of Immunoscintigraphy
Indexed/Abstracted in: Current Contents/Clinical Medicine, EMBASE, PubMed/MEDLINE, Science Citation Index (SciSearch), Scopus
Impact Factor 2,481


eTOC

 

ORIGINAL ARTICLES  


The Quarterly Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging 2014 September;58(3):310-8

Copyright © 2014 EDIZIONI MINERVA MEDICA

lingua: Inglese

Detection of pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (PNET) using semi-quantitative [68Ga]DOTATOC PET in combination with multiphase contrast-enhanced CT

Froeling V. 1, Röttgen R. 1, 2, Collettini F. 1, Rothe J. 2, Hamm B. 1, Brenner W. 2, Schreiter N. F. 2

1 Department of Radiology, Charité Medical University, Berlin, Germany; 2 Department of Nuclear Medicine, Charité Medical University, Berlin, Germany


PDF  


AIM: Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors (PNETs) pose a diagnostic challenge with respect to the physiologic somatostatin receptor expression in the uncinate process representing a potential pitfall for receptor imaging with PET/CT.
METHODS: We identified 49 PNETs from a total of 316 consecutive [68Ga]DOTATOC PET/CT examinations for whom the detections rates of PET and multiphase contrast enhanced (CE-) CT could be retrospectively compared and 38 PNETs for which SUVmax and SUVmax target-to-liver ratios could be calculated for the tumors and the uncinate process.
RESULTS: The detection rate of PET (83.7%) was higher than of the different CT phases (arterial: 59.2%, P=0.017; portal-venous: 38.8%, P<0.001; venous: 46.9%, P=0.001; multiphase: 71.4%, P=0.286). Compared to the other method PET revealed 28.6% additional lesions and multiphase CE-CT 16.3%. The portal-venous phase revealed only lesions that were also detected in the arterial or venous phase.
The detection rate for PNETs in the uncinate process (N.=9) was 66.7% for PET versus 55.6% for multiphase CE-CT. SUVmax and SUVmax target-to-liver ratios differed significantly (P<0.001) for PNETs (mean, range: SUVmax, 14.6, 1.4-69.3; SUVmax target-to-liver ratio, 3.2, 0.69-23.1) and uncinate process (4.32, 0.8-13.5; 0.94, 0.51-1.56), however with a wide overlap.
CONCLUSION: Patients with PNETs should undergo [68Ga]DOTATOC PET/CT with at least an arterial and venous phase CT scan. SUVmax and SUVmax target-to-liver ratios provide additional information but do no reliably separate PNETs from normal tracer uptake in the uncinate process.

inizio pagina

Publication History

Per citare questo articolo

Corresponding author e-mail

Nils.Schreiter@charite.de