Total amount: € 0,00
Online ISSN 1827-1677
Messina R., Bertino M., Franco M. V., Boschi G.
The authors report a case of accidental electrocution using a fishing rod in carbon fibre which was recently brought to their attention and which prompts a number of observations in different fields. First of all they report the dynamics of the accident and illustrate and discuss the pathological findings. After commenting on the construction techniques used for this particular form of sports equipment, the authors examine the properties of carbon fibre as a conductor of electricity and illustrate, with a view to accident prevention and the identification of risk factors both for working and leisure activities, the necessary precautions to be taken during their use and destruction, namely in the use of items made from such fibres.